Limited company contractor or Umbrella
Our client is seeking to recruit a Project Manager in their Engineering Department to participate in the management, execution and delivery to a high integrity UK Power generation customer to replace an obsolete power supply and delivery of a number units.
This is a multi-disciplinary product development team, ensuring that project development activities are co-ordinated efficiently and effectively throughout the entire development life cycle.
What are the key responsibilities of the Project Manager role?
- Undertake direct management and reporting of the project
- Ensure that product development activities are completed within the required project budget and timeframe
- Produce and review resource forecasts and manage any resource requirements/conflicts for product development projects
- Ensure compliance with the NPI (New Product Introduction) process, and ensure effective engagement/communication with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Co-ordinate product development activities through a multi-disciplinary engineering team, and to provide cross department assistance and support, enabling the effective manufacture and ongoing sustainment of developed products
- Hands on contribution to all elements of the engineering lifecycle, including: requirements capture, design, implementation, verification, qualification, compliance and support activities
- First port of call to the client and account manage.
- Technical authoring of documents required by the design life cycle
- Identify and implement process and productivity improvements
- Work with the Engineering Management Team to ensure that business-wide targets are met
- qualified to HND/Degree level in Engineering
- Worked with Power Generation customers previously
- A broad range of experience in delivering projects on time with a view of build systems and delivering to the project plan
- Be a practicing engineer
- The successful applicant will be an excellent communicator and be able to operate effectively at all levels of the organisation and be comfortable with customer interaction.