Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17.30 – Flexible working considered
£25,000 - £45,000 dependent on experience
Commercial Business Support
Our client is revolutionising the way eye care is delivered around the world by developing its own proprietary cloud connected AI-driven systems and technologies. Highly innovative and rapidly growing, our client’s success is driven not only by ground breaking technologies, but as a employer of choice with a progressive culture.
What is the purpose of the role?
- You will work closely with the R&D and Hardware Engineering teams to create products that seamlessly combine hardware and software.
- develop, implement, and improve the software that runs our new and innovative products.
- help to turn product concepts into market leading products.
What skills and experience will you have?
- a degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other technical discipline, plus solid experience as a Software Engineer.
- knowledge of the software development cycle and delivering solutions tailored to customer requirements.
- experience using Git for source code management.
- willingness to learn new technologies and take pride in how fast one can develop software.
- proven competence in developing desktop software with C#, WPF, and Microsoft .NET.
- experience in developing software using the MVVM design pattern.
- competence in developing web-based software with C# and Microsoft ASP.NET MVC.
- experience developing and managing APIs for data transmission.
- a deep understanding of Entity Framework.
- a strong grasp of mathematics and the confidence to apply it.
Desirable Experience and Knowledge
Experience in the following would be advantageous (not essential)
- Microsoft Azure.
- C++ and C.
- Atlassian JIRA.
- Control of hardware devices via Serial Port, GPIO, or manufacturer defined APIs.
- Xamarin mobile framework.
You will be excited about the prospect of pioneering medical advances, working in a team of world leading experts and you will have a track record of making things happen. You will be able to deliver to deadlines and work both collectively and independently.
What will you get in return?
- A Salary of between £25-£45k per annum, depending on experience.
- The chance to work on ground breaking technology
- An excellent work environment
- Flexible working hours