Tech Support (Various Roles)
Cooper Golding’s specialist IT & Tech Talent team is working exclusively with a number of North Devon-based IT and Telecoms businesses who are looking for experieced Tech Support professionals to join their teams.
What is the purpose of the Tech Support role?
The purpose of the role is to answer and either resolve or escalate various technical queries from business customers relating to IT, Broadband and/or Telecoms issues.
What will the do?
To provide 1st and/or 2nd line tech support to business customers answering a broad range of queries around PC’s, Servers, Fixed line/mobile telephony and Broadband related issues.
What skills and experience will the Tech Support have?
There are a number of vacancies available from Technical Administrator roles to 1st/2nd Line Tech Support. Depending on the role, you may be required to have expertise and experience in some or all of the areas below.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail even when working under pressure
- Offering technical knowledge to the sales team to assist with client projects and proposals
- Managing and supporting the technical team with escalations for faults and new orders
- Configuring and deploying customer equipment
- Client site visits for new installations and faults
- Knowledge of Microsoft OS up to Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 including Active Directory, DNS, and network topologies including wired and wireless security.
- Office 365 Administration, Office 365 Migrations desirable
- Enterprise Voice solutions and experience of supporting Contact Centres desirable
- Skype for Business deployment or support highly advantageous
- Implementation and support of Microsoft Exchange 2013 or higher
- Azure Administration and Migrations
- Network switching and WiFi implementation
- Server and workstation hardware builds, fault diagnosis and problem resolution
- Virtualisation technologies ideally including Hyper-V and VMWare
- High availability builds using both clustering and replication (e.g. VMWare HA)
- Storage technologies and solutions for high availability
- Wide range of backup, replication and imaging solutions
- Wide range of antivirus solutions ideally including ESET and managed mail security
- Centralised management of endpoint security
- Deployment of client applications and application migration experience
- Network security, hardening and testing
- SQL server and SQL database administration, migration
What will you get in return?
- Salary ranging from £18,000 to £30,000 dependent on experience and role.