A well established Manufacturing site, part of a bigger organisation with new premises in Plymouth who provide systems and services to reduce operational costs for customers, while increasing equipment uptime, productivity, efficiency and safety. Operating across several disciplines, including Transport, Industrial, Wind Turbine, Agriculture and Mining and Forestry. This is a great role for someone to get their teeth into and really make a difference
What is the purpose of the Warehouse Manager role?
To effectively manage the whole of the warehousing operation including, inventory, transport, picking, SKU's, goods in and out and the MRP system, in addition to managing projects for the site. Working alongside other sites in the group to ensure maximum efficiency.
What will be the responsibilities of the Warehouse Manager?
- Supervise daily activities of the warehouse, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics, floor productivity, shipping, and customer service
- Work and meet KPI's for the operation
- Schedule and oversee the warehouse team of 6 to meet the demands of the company, and manage the flow and quality of work to maximize efficiency
- Inspect equipment, tools, and machinery regularly, and oversee general maintenance as needed
- Meet regularly with warehouse leads to review, analyze, and develop actionable plans for productivity and loss prevention
- Oversee and manage logistics utilised to transport products to customers and internal facilities, communicating with drivers and air partners to ensure efficient delivery of packages
- Manage projects including amalgamating stock from another site and reducing stock levels overall. Manage the process to incorporate a new MRP system for the Warehousing operation
What skills and Experience will the Warehouse Manager have?
- Experience in a warehouse lead role managing employees
- Proficient knowledge of warehouse procedure and policy
- Excellent problem-solving skills and leadership qualities
- Ability to work with all levels of company staff
- Comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oral feedback
- Able to work to KPI's and meet targets and deadlines.