22-25 k per annum
Day shift and rotation shifts
39 hours a week
A global technology leader in power management solutions that make electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power operate more efficiently, reliably, safely and sustainably. With broad portfolio of top-quality aerospace components for outright sale or exchange, including fuel, hydraulic, ducting, and actuation products.
What is the purpose of the CNC Operator?
The CNC Machinist is accountable for setting and operating CNC turning and milling machines in order to produce parts to engineering technical drawings following set operating procedures. The ideal candidate will have the knowledge to review parts to ensure they comply with measurements on drawings and take remedial action as appropriate by adjusting offsets
What will the CNC Operator do?
- Work closely with the pre setter to ensure tooling is set up correctly
- Set & Operate CNC machine to specific programme as per part number and work instruction sheet via utilisation of the DNC link (direct numerical control) on computer
- Load tooling as appropriate into CNC machine
- Check accuracy of first off
- Take corrective action to rectify errors by offset adjustment on CNC machine
- Undertake inspection process of other team members work when required
- Work on own initiatives and resolve any issues or problems to company specific procedures
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable working on different machines and assisting colleagues as required.
What skills and experience will the CNC Operator have?
- Previous experience in setting and operating CNC Turning together with Milling and Mill/Turning Machines
- Competent in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, and understanding of Geometric Tolerancing
- Proven competency in different engineering measurement tools / techniques
- Good level of computer literacy
- Experience in Aerospace Industry advantageous
- Experience of range of operating systems an advantage
- Worked on CNC Machines
- Knowledge of COSHH
What will the CNC Operator get in return?
- 25 days holiday
- Auto enrolment pension
- Excellent culture
- Free parking