CNC Programmer Setter Operator (Milling)
Oldbury, West Midlands
Our client is leading manufacturer with facilities in the West Midlands and Internationally. Combining a rich heritage and traditional values with innovation and global capabilities.
What is the purpose of the role?
This interesting and diverse role will be working with the Research & Development team to produce bespoke, low volume machined-milled parts to specific standards, maintaining quality, timeliness, accuracy, tolerances, safety standards, and within agreed budget.
What will you do
- Accurately produce CNC programs for the machining of in-house and sub-contracted parts.
- Use CNC millers (Hurco’s or Mikron) to their maximum efficiency within the constraints of the manufacturer’s operating instructions.
- Provide cover for existing CNC operators when required or deemed necessary by the supervisor or management.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings.
- Ability to accurately read and use measuring equipment.
- Able to set and operate either Winmax or Heidenhain controlled machines and edit programmes.
- Ability to use all machines within an engineering environment, Millers, Lathes, Surface Grinder, Pillar Drillers etc.
- Understanding of lean production/world class manufacturing concepts and tools.
- Able to deliver results within a fast-moving, quality conscious manufacturing business.
- Commercial and financial awareness with an understanding of the impact of failure with regards to business costs, production targets and fulfilment of customer orders.
- Able to adapt, including to new technology, machinery and equipment.
- Engages interest and participation of other and has a collaborative approach to working together.
What skills and experience will you have
- Engineering apprenticeship or equivalent experience.
- A strong engineering background in industry/toolmaking/Milling environment.
- CNC programming.
- Edgecam software knowledge desirable
What will you get in return?
- £16.35 per hr (circa £32,000 per annum)
- 4% + 4% pension
- Free parking
- Potential for overtime.