CNC Setter Operator - Milling
Full time - 40 hours
£11 - £14 per hour
Cooper Golding is looking for a CNC Setter/Operator for our Devon based client. They are a specialist manufacturer of high precision components, providing high-quality finished parts for various specialist industries. Due to continued growth, and with reinvestment into new machines allowing for increased capability, they are seeking experienced Milling Setter/Operators who share their values of right first time, quality, customer relationships and teamwork.
Whilst there’s the added investment of now being part of a larger group of companies, the business in Crediton runs autonomously and has retained a family feel with many staff having worked here for many years. As such, you’ll be joining a friendly team of experienced and knowledgeable colleagues.
What is the purpose of the CNC Setter/Operator?
The purpose of CNC Setter/Operator will be to set and operate machines with Fanuc controls, whilst working efficiently as part of the manufacturing team. Working with other team members, complying with quality, health & safety and environmental rules and policies.
What will you do as the CNC Setter/Operator?
- Set machines in accordance with requirements
- Operate a range of engineering equipment, typi
- Complete records and documentations
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Ensure an effective handover to the next operator
- Ensure quality of product is to standard
What skills and experience will you have as the CNC Setter/Operator?
- Must be competent in both setting and operating CNC milling machines (3.4 & 5 axis)
- Ability to meet high standards on a consistent basis
- Ability to read and accurately interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to identify production issues and correct accordingly
- Ability to understand milling programs and adjust if necessary
What will you get in return?
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Overtime premium
- Long service awards