A well-established and respected business in North Devon, enjoying a strong international reputation as a specialist manufacturer of products for the industrial, commercial and domestic markets. A leader in its field and known for its quality and engineering excellence. The company is now seeking a Financial Controller for the next step in its journey.
What is the purpose of the Financial Controller?
This is a lead finance role for a wholly owned subsidiary business of a US parent company. As part of the senior management team, you will influence the strategic decision making alongside leading a multi-disciplined team across finance, purchasing and IT.
What will you do as the Financial Controller?
- Take responsibility for the preparation of full reconciled monthly management accounts.
- Maintain customer price books, sales item price lists and current raw material purchase prices.
- Ensure timely submission and payment of monthly payroll and supplier payments and maintain control over sales ledger receipts.
- Ensure the environmental, health and safety, manufacturing and quality standards and procedures are adhered to.
- Monitor the performance of direct reports and build a coherent team to meet business demands.
- Manage those of direct responsibility and when necessary maintain discipline according to Company procedure.
What skills and experience will you have as the Financial Controller?
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA or ACA)
- Self-organised, self-motivated and efficient, able to meet strict deadlines.
- Works well under pressure, within a team or as an individual.
- Strong analytical skills, IT literate – especially with Excel and ERP/MRP software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in a senior finance position, either as Financial Controller, Finance Director or similar.
- Having worked within a manufacturing environment.
What will you get in return?
Salary is in the region of £50,000 per annum plus 25 days holiday, a pension and healthcare benefits.
Cooper Golding Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Cooper Golding Limited is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.