A well-established and respected business in North Devon, enjoying a strong international reputation as a specialist manufacturer of products for the industrial, commercial and domestic markets. A leader in its field and known for its quality and engineering excellence. The company is now seeking a Financial Controller for the next step in its journey.
What is the purpose of the Financial Controller?
This is a lead finance role for a wholly owned subsidiary business of a US parent company. As part of the senior management team, you will influence the strategic decision making alongside leading a multi-disciplined team across finance, purchasing and IT.
What will you do as the Financial Controller?
- Take responsibility for the preparation of full reconciled monthly management accounts.
- Maintain customer price books, sales item price lists and current raw material purchase prices.
- Ensure timely submission and payment of monthly payroll and supplier payments and maintain control over sales ledger receipts.
- Ensure the environmental, health and safety, manufacturing and quality standards and procedures are adhered to.
- Monitor the performance of direct reports and build a coherent team to meet business demands.
- Manage those of direct responsibility and when necessary maintain discipline according to Company procedure.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA or ACA)
- Self-organised, self-motivated and efficient, able to meet strict deadlines.
- Works well under pressure, within a team or as an individual.
- Strong analytical skills, IT literate – especially with Excel and ERP/MRP software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in a senior finance position, either as Financial Controller, Finance Director or similar.
- Having worked within a manufacturing environment.
In return, you will receive a salary of £50,000 - £55,000 per annum plus 25 days holiday, a pension and healthcare.