£20k to £25k
Excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop from a junior position
Specialising in the processing of fresh and frozen seafood products servicing customers globally.
What is the purpose of the Health and Safety Coordinator?
To maintain and enforce the company’s health and safety policy and procedures, to complete audits record and distribute findings accordingly. All records, risk assessments, policies and working procedures are to be maintained within the legislative time guidelines from the HSE. To keep up to date with legislation through HSE websites and direct communications. Support the company with the delivery of information for the routine HSE visits/inspections. To be involved, and when required, lead the Health and Safety meetings.
What will be the responsibilities of the Health and Safety Coordinator?
- Monitor work processes and procedures to identify unsafe practices or breach of safety regulations
- Organise safety training to educate employees on necessary safety Collaborate with the training and technical department to ensure training records are maintained. Implement training schedules as required to maintain compliance.
- Develop and implement safety, procedures, and policies for production operations.
- Carry out investigations to identify the root cause of an incident or other unsafe conditions on a work site.
- Oversee the placement and setup of safety signs to warn of potential hazard.
- Prepare records and information for the head of operations in a timely manner for board reports.
- Collaborate with law enforcement agents and investigators to address cases of workplace accident.
- Make recommendations on safety topics such as proper waste disposal, fire regulations, and noise.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify work areas with high risk of operational hazard.
- Review company operational processes to ensure they are in line with external safety legislations.
- Attend occupational safety and health seminars to update job knowledge and enhance their skills.
- Desirable; IOSH or preferrable NEBOSH qualification.
- Experience with working with or seeking advice from the HSE to support the Company’s Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Strong PC skills particularly with Microsoft programmes.
- Excellent communication skills to deliver effectively and accurately to the senior management team.
- High level of attention to detail.
Cycle to Work Scheme