£34k - £36k
7am to 5pm Mon - Fri. Rotational Weekend Cover
Specialising in the processing of fresh and frozen seafood products servicing customers globally.
What is the purpose of the Maintenance Engineer role?
Efficiently manage temporary and emergency maintenance repairs/breakdowns to the Company’s equipment; to contribute and drive a preventative maintenance program.
What will be the responsibilities of the Maintenance Engineer?
- To attend breakdowns and effect repair or engage 3rd party contractors as
- To undertake all planned maintenance activities in accordance with the schedule agreed by the Operations Team.
- To issue permits in accordance with the Company Health & Safety Policy to all 3rd party
- Be part of the company HACCP team and project
- To be a point of contact while on site third party contractors for maintenance, repairs, refrigeration, building etc.
- To ensure that all maintenance sign back documents are completed and in order
- To be proactive in cost saving exercises monitoring and minimizing consumables, breakdowns, energy consumption and waste.
- To enforce the company health and safety
- To inform the Senior Management Team of any issues that may
- To enforce the company quality and hygiene procedures and ensure that the records are made and maintained (maintenance sign back documents)
- Collation of production records, stock control of consumables (lubricants and oils), keep the maintenance area in a clean and tidy condition and in good order.
- Routine checks as required – boiler checks, odour control system, water softener
What skills and experience will the Maintenance Engineer have?
- A multi skilled maintenance engineer that is electrically biased
- Good working knowledge of 3 phase electrical systems is essential
- Required to carry out Planned/Preventative and reactive breakdown maintenance, preferably with experience gained in a FMCG/ food environment.
- A good working knowledge of inverters and PLC an advantage
- Electrical Fault Finding and testing
- Preferably hold a City&Guilds, 17/18 edition general electrical qualification
- HNC desirable
What will the Maintenance Engineer get in return?
20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Cycle to Work Scheme