Salary - Competitive
Our client is one of the leading suppliers of investment castings in the UK, working within a wide range of industries including aerospace, nuclear, defense, automotive, marine, communications, military, energy and electronics sectors.
Their facility in Ilfracombe operates on the principles which define traditional British manufacturing – technical innovation, skilled workmanship and quality of product. We also have ten foundry and metal forming partners in Asia who offer a complete suite of processes and significant cost reductions. Through our overseas partners, high volume manufacture is easily achieved and covers:
What is the purpose of the Senior Setter / Operator
To set up a machine for new jobs, modify programs, works with tooling companies to make improvements and reduce cycle times. To assist in the training of our trainees and support the Area Supervisor meet and exceed the KPI’s and customer demands.
What will you do as the Senior Setter Operator?
- You must be able to set and operate our Mazak FH6800 Multi Pallet machines to produce accurate components, working to drawings and specifications.
- Daily and accurate completion of records.
- Self-inspect components and report any manufacturing errors to line manager so corrective action can be agreed.
- Ensure that production requirements are met in line with the production schedule.
- Continually assess tool condition and maintain as necessary.
- Essential CNC Milling experience.
- CNC setting experience is essential ideally with Siemens however other control systems will be considered e.g Fanuc (G Code), Haas, or Heidenhein
- Experience of XYZ LATHE, XYZ 560 & 710 MILLS, DOOSAN VERTICAL LATHE and
DOOSAN MILL WITH ROBOTIC LOADING
- Experience of working with a variety of materials including Stainless Steel and Cast-iron castings.
- Understanding of manufacturing protocols.
- Free Parking
- Social Events
- Sick pay after 12 months