Our client is a progressive, proactive company with a tradition of excellence. They have a robust and solid model for sustainability and high standards which enable them to deliver a superior customer journey to their clients
What is the purpose of the role?
Reporting directly to the MD the Operations Manager will ensure that all production processes are run reliably and efficiently and that all targets and KPl's are met by motivating and developing a diverse workforce. Responsible for delivering and planning the Production budget, whilst adhering to health and safety standards.
What will you do?
- Manage departmental performance against agreed targets and budgets, and within policies and standards.
- planning and organising production schedules and overseeing production processes
- Assessing resource requirements and resourcing each area of production appropriately
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care
- Liaise closely with the maintenance team to organise the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Motivating and driving all production operatives to meet all targets and KPl's
- Monitor, measure and report on staff training and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales
- To ensure that all areas of the site are staffed appropriately across all shifts
What skills and experience will you have?
- IOSH certificate for managing safely
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own and team performance.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills and Communication skills
What will you get in return?
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays